#ContactForm1{display: none !important;}

Oshiomhole Reassures Oba Ewuare II, Says "Obaseki will do better than me"

ENDURANCE IHUNGBE OBOITE
BENIN CITY
Adam and Godwin
The outgoing governor of Edo State Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole has assured the new Oba of Benin and Edo people that the governor-elect Mr. Godwin Obaseki will not disappoint the State instead he will do better than he, Oshiomhole has done. 
ALSO READ: Edo 2016: I’ve Giving to Esanland Far More Than Anenih and PDP ever did — Oshiomhole

 He made the remark while addressing guests in attendance at the coronation ceremony of the new Oba during the historic and memorable ceremony of the presentation of the staff of office to the Oba, His Royal Majesty Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo Uku-Akpolokpolo Oba Ewuare II.
While thanking the guests for attending the event, he recalled the support and fatherly advice he received from the departed Oba, Oba Erediauwa which according to him helped him succeed as governor and appealed for sustenance of the same relationship between the new Oba and the Governor-elect Mr. Godwin Obaseki, whom he described as a very humble and loyal subject who will not derail from paying respect and homage to the Oba and the entire traditional institution in the State. 

According to him “The formal coronation of your royal majesty today affords us the opportunity to celebrate the rich cultural tradition of Benin kingdom.  To recall the very fond memories of the outstanding contribution that Oba Erediauwa displayed while on the throne, I recall it, with fond memories of my very privileged relationship - which was like that of a father and a son”.

In furtherance to this, the Governor stated, "If you come from my kind of background you will appreciate what that means to me. He was there for me as an applicant seeking for job, he was there for me as the governor of this great State, he really counselled me on a number of issues without which I wouldn’t have been able to accomplish the much that I believe we were able to contribute to the development of not only the kingdom but of our great State. For some of us who have interacted with your royal majesty, we believe you have what it takes to step into the shoes of your father Oba Erediauwa. As your steward, I shall give my all and I do believe that I speak the mind of the governor-elect”. 

The Governor closed by stating that, "We have laid a foundation and a standard, we have demonstrated practically that Nigerian democracy requires that we bond effectively with the traditional institutions and that the relationship between the elected government and the traditional institution be based on ad-hoc interaction in a formalised and structured way that makes it functional. It has worked in the past eight years and I believe that the governor-elect will build on it and take it to a higher level. He has assured me he understands tradition even more than myself so whatever I was able to do he will do even better".

ALSO READ: EXPOSED: How Adams Oshiomhole gave 500 million Naira to Matthew Iduoreyekemwen to destabilized PDP
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

please leave us a comment to this post

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();